Monday, April 23, 2007

Fly fishing guide in Eugene Oregon

Fly Fishing Guide in Eugene, Oregon: It doesn't get any better than this. Last weekend when my brother came in from NYC for a few days of fly fishing in Eugene, we decided to go with a guide rather than going it alone. I knew if we went by ourselves and wade fished the Middle Fork of the Willamette we'd catch a few fish, but I was hoping for more. I considered taking our inflatable kayaks, but at the last minute I stopped at The Caddis Fly and booked a trip with Chris Daughters. It was the best decision I've made so far this year.

From MattStansberry


1. If we'd have taken the kayaks, I probably wouldn't be writing this right now. I'd be dead. Two and three foot standing waves, pounding rain and cold water would have made it a long day.

2. Daughters put us on a fish bonanza. I have never in my life caught so many big wild trout. Ever. Just to give you a sense of scale: Nate hooked into fish he could barely move -- it was actually two fish on two flies on a single cast.

From MattStansberry


I wanted to post these photos so my brother can start bragging, but I plan to write more on what was working and why (and the other drift trip we took last weekend on the McKenzie).

From MattStansberry


From MattStansberry


From MattStansberry

1 comment:

digiphile said...

Those are some beautiful fish, Matt. Congrats to you and your bro. I look forward to hearing what worked so well.

Nice work on the headline, too. Caddis Fly probably has no idea how good that SEO-juice might be for them down the road. ;)